24 November 2015

Title: Stupid Love (Stupid in Love #3)
Author: Cindy Miles
Publisher: 247 Pages (September 10th, 2015)
From: the Author
Format: eARC
Add to: Goodreads
Order a copy: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository, Amazon UK

NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 18+

Synopsis: Bestselling new adult author Cindy Miles is set to capture the hearts of STUPID GIRL fans again with the grand finale of the Stupid in Love series, featuring Memory and Jace.

MEMORY

Casualties.

That’s how I refer to the guys who’ve had the bad fortune to fall for me. They only see long legs that they wish were wrapped around them, a cat-like smile, and the reckless abandon to take on any wild dare. It’s all a game to me. Show me a bridge, and I’ll leap over the side. Give me a car, and I’ll race it. Give me a heart, and I’ll break it. I always win. I even showed Death who was boss a long time ago.

Or so I thought.

Now, time is running out, and I’m losing fast…and big. I met someone. Jace Beaumont. He’s smart, and good, and I dream about spending days exploring the summit of his perfect lips. But, I’m a grenade. I know I should leave him be. I can’t.

JACE

Study, class, work, repeat. That’s all I have time for. At twenty-five years old, I have a bit more mileage on me than the average college freshman. But, that’s what happens when you spend your youth drinking, partying, and bagging girls like it’s a full-time job. Now, I have goals. There’s just one kink in my plans. Her name is Memory. She’s every guy’s dream girl. She’s intoxicating. She’s trouble. I want to stay away. I can’t. 

Review: 3 Stars - Stupid Girl is the third and final book in the Stupid in Love series from author Cindy Miles. Each book centers around a new set or characters so while they can be each read as a standalone, characters from the previous books do make appearances here and there in following installments.

This title focuses on characters’ Memory and Jace. All of the characters attend the same college so the setting for parts of the book was a welcome reminder of the pervious titles. However if these two were mentioned or introduced in the two previous books I don’t recall, so they were completely new to this reader.

As for whom these two characters are, I liked Jace more than Memory, yet I liked the idea of her. I just couldn’t get a good idea as to who she was. She was such a free spirit that just when I felt I had a better idea as to who she was, what she looked like and what she wanted in her life something would happen and I’d feel like I was reading a completely different character. I don’t believe I connected with her at all. Yet with Jace, I understood him. He’s a bit older, easy going, keeping his head down to get through his first year of college. He’s not looking or interested in girls or parties, he wants to stick to his plans and when he meets Memory things become muddled for him.

One of the things I went back and forth on with this story was a serious secret that Memory was keeping. I felt she continued to set herself up for a huge fall that could have been avoided so many times over. She was frustrating to me on numerous occasions.

Even with the huge thing that Memory was dealing with the book started out slow. Now, with the previous two books I really did love them. I couldn’t get enough of them. I liked how they were written, the stories and the characters. However with this one it was often hard to continue to read and finish the book.

I’m one of those people that even if a book doesn’t work for me it’s hard to not finish it. I have to know how it all ends. And while reading I did ask myself if this was one of those books. I didn’t know, but I did understand that I didn’t enjoy this one even close to how much I did the other two installments. And while I had things that didn’t work, I really loved the Jace character and the major issue that Memory was going through. Her inner dialogue about this issue had me hurting for her one minute and frustrated the next.

With how much I loved the other two books I don’t want to put anyone off reading this series. I’d say start at the beginning and get to the great stuff and see if you like it and then go from there. I’ll be keeping an eye on this author to see what comes from her in the future. One book that didn’t work for me isn’t enough to put me off reading what they write next, as I honestly believe that not every book works for everyone.

This is without a doubt a “New Adult” title due to language and adult situations and should be taken into consideration if you happen to be sensitive to those sorts of things. I do hope you find more to like/love about this title than I did. Happy reading.









Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for hosting today, Lisa! This sounds like a good series overall. I like how every book focuses on new characters - I often have issues with series and having to wait to read the next one as I've got terrible memory lol!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love