30 December 2011


Day Five is the last day of our Top 10 week and this time were featuring books were looking forward to in 2012. What books are you looking forward to in the new year? My picks are below, then as always be sure to check out my co-hosts picks - Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic Rachel from Fiktshun and Jamie & Patricia from Two Chicks on Books and then don't forget to link up yours using the linky below. Also, since this is my last true book related blog post of 2011, I thought I'd include some stats. So, when you're done checking out my list & my co-hosts lists & linking YOURS, be sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom & check out what's been going on somewhat behind the scenes.

Title: Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
Author: Veronica Roth
Publisher: HarperCollins, 496 Pages (May 1st, 2012)

Why I'm looking forward to this book, in a sentence - For me, Divergent was the book of 2011 - I can't WAIT for Insurgent!

Synopsis: One choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.


Title: Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)
Author: Myra McEntire
Publisher: Egmont, 336 Pages (May 12th, 2012)

Why I'm looking forward to this book, in a sentence - Hourglass was another favorite of mine, so when I heard there was a sequel I was all just a tad excited.

Synopsis: Sadly, there's no synopsis yet. Bummer, I know!


Title: Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2)
Author: Josephine Angelini
Publisher: HarperTeen, 400 Pages (May 19th, 2012)

Why I'm looking forward to this book, in a sentence - Many of the books in this years list are a sequel to a book I loved and this pick is no exception, can't wait to see what happens next for Helen & Lucas.

Synopsis: As the only Scion that can enter Hades at will, Helen descends to the Underworld in search of a way to overcome the Furies and end the cycle of revenge that has cursed the Scions. But she’s running out of time. Each descent weakens her both in mind and spirit. A mysterious stranger might be her only salvation, but the price may be her love for Lucas Delos.

Title: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight 
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Publisher: Poppy, 256 Pages (January 2nd 2012) 

Why I'm looking forward to this book, in a sentence - I've been looking forward to this book since I heard about it many, many months ago - I mean, it has a British boy in it!

Synopsis: Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.

Title: Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)
Author: Lauren Oliver
Publisher: HarperTeen, 375 Pages (February 28th, 2012)

Why I'm looking forward to this book, in a sentence - Another sequel to an amazing series that left us with such a HUGE cliffhanger that there was never a doubt in my mind I'd be reading the 2nd & 3rd books.

Synopsis: I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.


Title: Enshadowed (Nevermore, #2)
Author: Kelly Creagh
Publisher: Atheneum, 560 Pages (August 28th, 2012)

Why I'm looking forward to this book, in a sentence - Why, oh why has this book been pushed back??? I've been needing more Varen & Isobel since that ending in Nevermore, which was such an amazing book.

Synopsis: While Varen remains a prisoner in the dream-world, Isobel is haunted by his memory. He appears to her in her dreams and soon, even in her waking life. But is she just imagining it? Isobel knows she must find a way back to Varen. She makes plans to go to Baltimore. There, she confronts the figure known throughout the world as the Poe Toaster—the same dark man who once appeared to Isobel in her dreams, calling himself “Reynolds.”

Isobel succeeds in interrupting the Toaster’s ritual and, in doing so, discovers a way to return to the dream-world. Soon, she finds herself swept up in a realm which not only holds remnants of Poe’s presence, but has also now taken on the characteristics of Varen’s innermost self. It is a dark world comprised of fear, terror, and anger.

When Isobel once more encounters Varen, she finds him changed. With his mind poisoned by the dream world, he becomes a malevolent force, bent on destroying all—even himself. Now Isobel must face a new adversary, one who also happens to be her greatest love.


Title: A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)
Author: Beth Revis
Publisher: Razorbill,400 Pages (January 10th, 2012)

Why I'm looking forward to this book, in a sentence - I loved Across the Universe and there was no way that this book wouldn't be right at the top of my list to see what happens next and that line in the synopsis about having to get off the ship sold me even more.

Synopsis: Godspeed was fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos.

It's been three months since Amy was unplugged. The life she always knew is over. And everywhere she looks, she sees the walls of the spaceship Godspeed. But there may just be hope: Elder has assumed leadership of the ship. He's finally free to enact his vision - no more Phydus, no more lies.

But when Elder discovers shocking news about the ship, he and Amy race to discover the truth behind life on Godspeed. They must work together to unlock a puzzle that was set in motion hundreds of years earlier, unable to fight the romance that's growing between them and the chaos that threatens to tear them apart.


Title: Halflings(Halflings, #1)
Author: Heather Burch
Publisher: Zondervan Publishing, 288 Pages (February 1st, 2012)

Why I'm looking forward to this book, in a sentence - I'm a sucker for a love triangle and this looks like it has that and SO MUCH MORE, can't wait!

Synopsis: After being inexplicably targeted by an evil intent on harming her at any cost, seventeen-year-old Nikki finds herself under the watchful guardianship of three mysterious young men who call themselves halflings. Sworn to defend her, misfits Mace, Raven, and Vine battle to keep Nikki safe while hiding their deepest secret—and the wings that come with.

A growing attraction between Nikki and two of her protectors presents a whole other danger. While she risks a broken heart, Mace and Raven could lose everything, including their souls. As the mysteries behind the boys’ powers, as well as her role in a scientist’s dark plan, unfold, Nikki is faced with choices that will affect the future of an entire race of heavenly beings, as well as the precarious equilibrium of the earthly world.


Title: In Honor
Author: Jessi Kirby
Publisher:Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing, 288 Pages (May 8th, 2012)

Why I'm looking forward to this book, in a sentence - I really liked Moonglass and can't wait to read more from Kirby, and this sounds like a book I'd love.

Synopsis: Honor receives her brother’s last letter from Iraq three days after learning that he died, and opens it the day his fellow Marines lay the flag over his casket. Its contents are a complete shock: concert tickets to see Kyra Kelly, her favorite pop star and Finn's celebrity crush. In his letter, he jokingly charged Honor with the task of telling Kyra Kelly that he was in love with her.

Grief-stricken and determined to grant Finn's last request, she rushes to leave immediately. But she only gets as far as the driveway before running into Rusty, Finn's best friend since third grade and his polar opposite. She hasn't seen him in ages, thanks to a falling out between the two guys, but Rusty is much the same as Honor remembers him: arrogant, stubborn. . . and ruggedly good looking. Neither one is what the other would ever look for in a road trip partner, but the two of them set off together, on a voyage that makes sense only because it doesn’t. Along the way, they find small and sometimes surprising ways to ease their shared loss and honor Finn—but when shocking truths are revealed at the end of the road, will either of them be able to cope with the consequences?


Title: Shine (Shade, #3) 
Author: Jeri Smith-Ready
Publisher: Simon Pulse, 384 Pages (May 1st, 2012)


Why I'm looking forward to this book, in a sentence - It's the last book in the Shade Trilogy - need I say more?

Synopsis: No other love has burned so bright

Life can change in an instant, and no one understands that better than Aura. It’s been almost a year since her boyfriend tragically died. She’s finally letting go of Logan’s violet-hued ghost, but not her search to uncover the truth about her past.As the first in a generation that can see ghosts, Aura is convinced that she has a connection to the Shift. She’s trusted Zachary, ever patient and ever by her side, with all that she knows. But when the government threatens his life in an attempt to learn Aura’s secrets, she will stop at nothing to protect herself and the one she loves...even if that means betraying her own heart.
 

Honorable mentions - Fracture By: Megan Miranda, The Blood Keeper (The Blood Journals, #2) By: Tessa Gratton, Fever (The Chemical Gardens, #2) By: Lauren DeStefano, Everneath (Everneath, #1) By: Brodie Ashton, Drowning Instinct By: Ilsa J. Bick, as always to name a few... this list could easily be never ending.

Don't forget to link each day! Signing up & then linking your Top 10 posts early you EXTRA entries into the $50.00 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway. The last day to share your posts is January 8th, 2012. The winner will be picked using Random.org and announced during the week of the 9th, 2012. Good Luck!

NOTE: This is the SAME Linky on each of the Co-Hosts Blogs, so please only enter your Name, Blog Name and URL or YOUR Top 10 post of the day on one blog. Thanks!


*Titles listed are in no particular order.


A few stats from 2011


# of Books Read - 106 (might be 107 by the time this posts if I finish the book I'm reading)
# of Pages Read - 26,669 (as per goodreads.com stats)
# of Blog Posts - 340 (including this post & my last post of the year. I'm also coming up on blog post 800! It's just around the corner)
# of 5 Star books - 19
# of 4 Star books - 57
# of 3 Star books - 29
# of 2 Star books - 1


Haunted Halloween was another HUGE success for it's second year and Jessica and I are already working away on new and exciting ways for YOU to participate in 2012. We can't thank all the authors who shared their stories, everyone who donated or you, who visited both of our blogs during such an amazingly wonderful month long even.

If you loved this new event for us this year... we'll be doing another Top 10 week in 2012 during this same week, so start thinking about your lists with the first of many books that'll be read all throughout the New Year. I have to say another HUGE Thank You to my wonderful Co-Hosts - Jessica, Rachel, Jamie & Patricia. It's been so much fun working with you all on this and I hope we can do more events together in the future. How about doing this again in 2012? And I can't forget you, each of you who have been participating in this 5 day event. Thanks for sharing your lists and we hope to see you again next year!

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

12 comments:

  1. I can't wait for insurgent. Divergent was by far my favourite read of last year

    ReplyDelete
  2. In 2012 I'm crazy to read Insurgent, Hallowed, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, Born Wicked, The Vanishing Game, The Alchemy of Forever and What's Left of Me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! Some of these are already on my list, but now I'm adding it In Honor, too, 'cause it sounds really good! Thanks for hosting this event, I had lots of fun! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timepiece and Pandemonium are both on my Top 10 list as well. And I just got a finished copy of The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight in the mail, which I'm soooo excited for! Thanks for co-hosting this great event! It's been fun! :D

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really excited for Pandemonium too!

    My List: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-10-books-im-looking-forward-to-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAH! Insurgent as your #1! Hahahahaha! That book should be quite interesting! I will be needing my Four fix!

    Come check out my Top 10 List for Anticipated Books of 2012!

    Best of 2011: Anticipated Books of 2012


    Hope you'll have time to check out my list.
    Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all series I need to start! I'm going to be sooooo broke next year. Good thing I got a part-time job as a lunch lady at my son's school (no joke!). The things we do for our books, uh, I mean our kids....

    I haven't seen Enshadowed yet today. I'll have to check that one out!

    Thanks for all your work to host this event. It was a lot of fun and I met some great new friends! Have safe and Happy New Years!!
    Kristin @myparahangover

    My Top New Books 2012

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great reading year you've had! I enjoyed reading your picks this week. Here's to a fantabulous 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight!
    Hope you do too =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously great list! I'm looking forward to several of these myself! Such gorgeous covers!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love