23 December 2011

I'm an author, and most of the time you'd probably hear me talking about my books, which I'm very passionate about, but around this time of year there's another passion that takes over my life. Considering I'm a guy, it might not be one you'd expect. I love Christmas shopping! For me, giving gifts during the holidays isn't just something that has to be done, it's an artform. Just like creating the perfect sentence to close a novel, there's something about discovering the perfect gift that is like an epiphany lifting your spirits and sending you soaring. I even do it listening to holiday music while occasionally wearing a santa hat. I'm going to do something a little bit risky since it's only December, 23rd, but I'm going to share my holiday shopping list with you. I've got a few important recipients, a wad of cash, and my goal is to make them as happy as these crazy kids.


Target #1: My girlfriend, Hannah (pictured with me above...no, not in the youtube video, above that.) She just came back from getting a Master's degree in London not too long ago and is now preparing to embark upon an exciting career in the field of Anthropology. Although she loves being back because it means she's gotten to spend more time with family, friends, and me, and she's got her sights set on the future, I think the amount of growth and experience she gained abroad is not something she should forget. So what did I get her? Ok, this was just one of her presents, but I think it'll be the perfect reminder.

Target #2: My brother, John. He's in his early twenties, has a steady job and spends every moment of his free time playing video games. I'm not kidding. Apparently there are some nights he doesn't even sleep because he's playing World of Warcraft or some other game. My family's worried about him and we're planning an intervention, but I'm wondering if it's not possible for a perfect Christmas present to come to the rescue! Let's see...what could possibly giving him the enjoyment of gaming while slowly coaxing him back to real life? This oughta work, right??

Target #3: My Mom, Kitty. Now I've got to be careful here. My mom is a leader in the field of special education, and her job is both extremely stressful and tiring. Either she's working with special needs kids or she's working with cranky adults. It also doesn't help that she has a long commute and is often so pressed for time that she is stuck eating a cold plain bagel in the car for breakfast. And she lives way up in the mountains of New Hampshire, where they only have two season: winter and almost-winter. Is there anything out there that could squeeze some relaxation into her busy day and give her some respite from the freezing temperatures? As a matter of fact, there is.

Target #4: My girlfriend's Dad, Pete. Now we come to the trickiest one of all. A false move here could end up taking years off my life. That said, last year he gave me a box full of brownies when I was trying to lose weight. See, Pete has the opposite problem of my mom. He pursues time management to the point that he makes a schedule for himself when he's not even leaving the house! Other times we'll all be waiting in the living room for the clock to strike exactly 6 o'clock so we can go to the restaurant. Clearly, the guy needs to let loose a little and get a little more flexible with his time. It's a good thing I know of something so addictive that it can obliterate hours before the person even realizes what's happened. Do you know what I'm talking about? I think you do. Check to see if you're right here.

There you have it, a few of the people on my shopping list are checked off, and now I can't wait to see the delighted looks on their faces. I'd like to close with a huge Thank You to Lisa for providing me this space. If you'd like to find more about my young-adult books, find out more about me here: http://jasonletts.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much for stopping by today Jason! I love your idea's and the reasons behind them. I hope you, your family and Hannah's family have a wondering Holiday! 

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

1 comment:

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love