14 November 2011

Title: The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen, 361 Pages (October 25th, 2011)
From: the Publisher, Thank You!

Synopsis: My name- my True Name- is Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn. I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court.


And I am dead to her.


My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl...


To cold faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing gentler feelings the Winter Prince might have had. Or so he thought.


Then Meghan Chase- a half-human, half-fey slip of a girl- smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer faery can survive,


With the unwelcome company of his archrival, Summer Court prankster Puck, and the infuriating cait sith Grimalkin, Ash begins a journey he is bound to see through its end- a quest to find a way to honor his vow to stand by Meghan's side.


To survive the Iron Realm, Ash must have a soul and a mortal body. But the tests he must face to earn these things are impossible. And along the way, Ash learns something that changes everything. A truth that challenges his darkest beliefs and shows him that, sometimes, it takes more than courage to make the ultimate sacrifice.

Review: 5 Stars - The Iron Knight, the fourth and final book in the Iron Fey series from Julie Kagawa wraps up her thrilling series with an action packed journey. With the first three books being written in female lead, Meghan Chases’ point of view, Kagawa gives readers a fresh take on the series by writing the last book from the Winter Prince – Ash’s point of view. And believe me; it rounds out the series extremely well.

When we last left Meghan, Ash, Puck & Grim things were…. Not looking very good. If you’re not sure what I’m talking about, we’ll you’ll just have to pick the series up and check it out to know what I mean. I loved that this was written from Ash’s vantage. The icy prince has been so guarded throughout the whole series because of how he was raised and because of events that happened in his past that getting such insight into whom he really is. Ash has always been such a fighter on the outside, but it’s his inner battles and the events he’s forced to face throughout this journey that the reader finally has a chance to understand why Ash is who he is.

We all face inner battles and Ash has some major ones to work through and things to learn on his quest to keep his word to Meghan. This is probably my favorite book in the series and it’s all down to Kagawa’s writing and watching Ash grow into the person he’s supposed to be.

With him in this journey is Puck, Grim and…. Someone else that I can’t say or it would be giving too much away.  However, it’s this secret someone that truly forces Ash to look at the past and the future, forcing him to finally look deeper as who he is and what he wants for the future.

Puck was his charming as ever self, yet as Ash began to face some of his issues and begins to change, Puck does too. The history between these two runs long and has cut deep. With Ash on this journey he’s facing some pretty amazing challenges. It’s through everything that the two once best friends learn a few things about each other and their past.

One thing about this installment was the flashbacks into the past where we really see who Ash was and why he’s so guarded. I mean being raised in the Winter Court is one thing, but it was much more than that. These peeks into his past were an enlightening part of the story as a whole that I loved about this book the most. The epilogue, written from Meghan’s point of view was, in my humble opinion the perfect way to end such an epic series.

All in all, this was one of those fantastic series that at the end you were excited to read and feel a part of, but sad when it comes to the end of the final book. You grow attached to the characters and come to picture every word and swing of the swords in the battles vividly while reading, like you could be right there with them on their thrilling journeys. Kagawa’s writing makes the story from one book to the next, characters and adventures an epic fantasy tale that’ll at the top of my books to recommend for a long while to come. 

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love