07 July 2010


"Waiting On" Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose of this weekly event is to spotlight a soon-to-be-released book that you are very much anticipating. "Waiting On" Wednesday will also give bloggers an opportunity to share ideas for our TBR lists.



It's a double bill WoW this week! More weeks with double and maybe even triple bill WoW's to come!

Book #1 is an adult title.


Title: Numb
Author: Sean Ferrell
Publisher: HarperCollins, ? Pages, (August 3rd 2010)
Preorder here: Amazon, Borders, Barns and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: Numb, a man who feels no pain and has no memory of how he came to be this way, travels to New York City after a short stint in the circus to search for the answers to his past. But when word of his condition spreads—sparked by the attention he attracts from letting people nail his hands to bars for money—he quickly finds himself hounded on all sides by those who would use his unique ability in their own pursuits of fame and fortune.

There’s the best friend who doesn’t quite know how to handle Numb’s newfound celebrity, the savvy talent agent who may or may not have Numb’s best interests in mind, the sadistic supermodel whose idea of a good time involves lion claws and can openers, and the blind girlfriend who might actually see something in Numb others don’t. As Numb navigates this strange world, and as he continues to search for clues from his past, he is forced to confront one of life’s toughest questions: Who am I?

I've been looking forward to this one for awhile now. It sounds so interesting that I really can't wait to read it. Anyone else looking forward to this one as much as I am? What do you guys think?


Book #2 this week is.


Title: Promise (Soul Savers, #1)
Author: Kristie Cook
Publisher: Ang'dora Productions, 368 Pages, (July 30th 2010)
Preorder here: (can only preorder via the Author/Publisher.) For more information about the book, author and how to order please visit
Promise the Novel

Synopsis: Alexis Ames has a life full of promise…but not all promises can be kept.


When Alexis Ames is attacked by creatures that can’t be real, she decides it’s time she learns who she really is, with or without the help of her mother, who guards their family’s secrets closely. After meeting the inhumanly attractive, multi-talented Tristan Knight, however, Alexis retreats behind her façade of normalcy…until she discovers he’s not exactly normal either. Then their secrets begin to unravel.


Their union brings hope and promise to her family’s secret society, the Angels’ army, and to the future of mankind. But it also incites a dangerous pursuit by the enemy – Satan’s minions and Tristan’s creators. After all, Alexis and Tristan are a match made in Heaven and in Hell.

I've seen this book popping up here and there and being added to friends shelves on Goodreads so I just had to see what it was all about. Sounds pretty interesting and one I'd love to read. I've added to this my wishlist, how about anyone else? Think this one looks pretty good? Anyone looking forward to reading this first in a series?

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

4 comments:

  1. I just read Promise and would definitely recommend it! It is an epic love story, the paranormal Rome and Juliet, and it is better than Twilight! Pick it up, you'll love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- Numb sounds very interesting!=)

    As for Promise- I have it TBR'd and hoping I get to read it!!=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm so glad you're looking forward to NUMB. I have read it, and I can say absolutely objectively** it's terrific!

    Thanks for mentioning NUMB on your blog!




    **ok, maybe not objectively since I'm his agent but still it's GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love